Haein Song is a dancer, digital practitioner and director born in Seoul. She is passionate about creating multi-cultural performance by finding an interesting convergence between traditional and contemporary culture and arts. She trained Korean Traditional Dance in Gukak National middle and high School and studied choreography in Korea National University of Arts. After working as a dancer, director and producer in Jeju with the company Korean Performing Art Development Corp., MARO for three years, she came to London to explore digital performances. She completed a MA in Contemporary Performance Making, Brunel University, and now continuing her PhD, researching Interactive digital practices in connection with Korean Kut’ in Brunel.
Her recent direction work ‘Leodo’, is received the First Prize in 2014-15 Openstage by Korean Cultural Service NY, selected as Five representative Korean Performances at Assembly Korean Season in Edinburgh Fringe 2015, and nominated the Best Performance in Dark Chat award in EdFringe 2015. ‘Neo puri:미여지뱅뒤’ receive the excellence award in multidisciplinary content competition by CCCC.
Direction, Choreography Work
- “Neo-Puri: 미여지뱅뒤” , OCreative, OtvN, (CJ Studio, Seoul) 2015
- “Neo-Puri” , Jeju Performing Arts Support Project (Seoguwipo Grande Theatre, Jeju) 2015
- “Leodo: The Paradise” The1st Assembly Korean Season, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, (Assembly George Square Studio One, Edinburgh) 2015
- “Leodo: The Paradise” London Showcase (Korean Cultural Centre UK, London) 2015
- “Leodo: Paradise Lost” 2014-2015 OPENSTAGE by NY Korean Cultural Service (Flushing Town Hall, New York) 2015
- The Physical installation performance” Twelve doors”, The 2nd Researching the Arts Conference (Antonin Artaud 003, Brunel University, UK) 2014
- A Digital Interactive Performance “Human”, Digital Art &performance Weekender (Watermans, London) 2014
- “Leodo: Paradise Lost” , C venue Top 10 Shows in Edinburgh Fringe Festival (C Venue, Edinburgh) 2014
- A video piece “Hair” and live performance “Human” at Month of Performance Art Berlin (Neuhouch, Berlin) 2013
- “Pudasi” Edinburgh Fringe Festival (C venue, Edinburgh) 2013
- “Neo-Pudasi” Art Residency Performance (Kimjung culture & art centre, Jeju) 2013