Ji Eun Jung is a professional kayagum player and a national initiator of the Important Intangible Cultural Assets of Korea, No.23 Jook Pa Kim Sanjo.
She did her BA in Korean Traditional Music at Ewha Woman’s University and MA in Asian Music at Dong Gook University.
After graduating she had performed all over the world such as the 31st Hong Kong ‘ICTM’ invitation performance, South Columbia University in America ‘Flaser Hall’ Performance, Canada UBC and Hawaii University invitation performance, Berlin ‘research of the world issue association’ performance, and since 2003 she has been living in UK and performing for various occasions at London City Hall, Indigo2, Asia House, British Museum, Oxford University and so on. She’s also holding various seminars, workshops and currently lectures of Kayagum class at Korean Cultural Center in UK and Chairwoman of Korean Artists association UK. She is also member of duet music team ‘KAYA’ (Kayagum and guitar music duet).
- Kayagum playing with Thames Philhamonia Orchestra, 2013
- Korean Music Night at Concert Hall in Stockholm, 2013
- Gastech 2014 Korea launch ‘Korean Night’, Indigo 2, London, 2012
- Kaya Concert ‘Bridge’, Korean Cultural Centre, 2011
- Kayagum Seminar ‘Open Discussion on Instrumental Routes in Far East Asia’ at Kingston University, 2009
- Kayagum Solo Concert, British Museum, London, 2009