Kitty Jun-Im McLaughlin, who has lived in England for over 30 years, integrates cultural duality and reflects her meandering journey through life. Her painting is a calligraphic choreography that layers the Korean art paper Hanji with collaged canvases to create depth and space and tactile textures that incorporate the rhythmic linear elements of her musical back ground. She completed a MA in Fine Art at Reading University in the U.K.
- Line Space Colour, Fountayne Road, Seven Sisters, London, U.K., 2009
- Summer Exhibition, Sheridan Russell Gallery, London, U.K., 2009
- Alston Business Centre Open Studio, Barnet, London, U.K., 2008
- Climate of Change, Union Street, London, U.K., 2007
- Dace Road Exhibition, Hackney, London, U.K., 2007
Kitty’s paintings can be seen on her website: www.kittyjunim.com